MY STORY, OUR STORY

Photo Click Here  We had a great time finding out about our family tree. We discovered some of our relations migrated to Australia from Ireland and switzerland.

My Great ,Great, Great Grandfather Pietro Pianta was born in Switzerland in 1849 and died in 1898.

He migrated to Australia in 1868 and married my Great Great  Great Grandmother Harriot Kay born  1855 Creswick Victoria and died in 1936.

They had 13 children between them. Harriots parents were born in Ireland.

My Great Great  Grandmother Lucia Anna Pianta was born in 1895 and died in 1976. She married my Great Great Grandfather in Horsham victoria in 1913 . His name was James Harrington ,Born 1888 and died 1972 .Both are buried at the lawn cemetary in Bendigo.

They had 18 children including 1 set of triplets (sadly they passed at birth).

My Great Grandfather came from a huge family .His name was David Joseph Harrington .he was born in 1915 and died in 1982. He married Evelyn Rose Howard .

My Grandmother (nan) Patricia Evelyn Harrington was born in Ballarat in 1942. She now lives in Albury N,S,W

We are not exactly sure why our family migrated to Australia. we can assume it may have been because of the Gold Rush Period . Many family members lived and died around the Bendigo and Ballarat areas.

The Victorian Gold Rush was a period in history from 1851 to the late 1860″s .In ten years the population in Victoria nearly tripled.